Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Pet Solutions: Litter Boxes

We have recently acquired a cat that my children creatively named Leopard.  We all love Leopard, but Mommy doesn't really love cleaning up after Leopard.  I haven't had cats since I was little and I surely wasn't the one who took care of their litter boxes.  In fact, I don't think I even knew where the litter box was in my house where I grew up.  But I'm sure my mom did and I'm sure she didn't love it, either.

And now that we have one, I've been trying to find a good solution for where to put this stinkin' thing (pun intended).  It is currently housed in our front hall closet which forces me to always leave the door open which I hate. I am also always paranoid about walking in the door to a very unwelcoming odor.

I need a better solution so I did some research and found some ideas and thought I would share them with you.  I'm not sure which one I will land upon but anything will be better than the current system.

Let me first say, however, that I am not going to go into the merits of all the different types of litters and litter boxes out there.  I merely want to find an out-of-site spot to creatively hide it.

Here are some ideas that I've come across.  The first few are different furniture options.  If you know you will always have a cat in your life, then you'll want to check out the later pictures which show more permanent solutions.  Enjoy!


















How To Hide Your Cat Litter Box At Home (1)
















Do you have any creative litter box hiding solutions?  I'd love to hear about it!

Source:  Michelle Schwake for Stafford Family Realtors

No comments: