Monday, February 17, 2014

A (Small) Place For Wine

I love a glass of wine as I'm cooking dinner or after the kids are in bed.  But I am one of those who has a glass only occasionally.  I generally find it hard to even finish off the bottle within one week.  I find that I don't keep many bottles of wine on hand for this reason, and also because I don't have a lot of space for a stand-alone wine rack.  But it would be convenient to have a little space to store a few bottles, especially when there's a sale on my favorite wine at the liquor store.

You can find many, many ideas online for wine cellars with all the bells and whistles, along with tasting areas and piped in music!  As nice as that would be, it just isn't realistic for most of us.  

I'm thinking something on a much smaller scale. I think a built-in option would best suit my needs.  And hey, it's one less thing taking up precious counter, floor or wall space.  

Always remember that heat and light destroy wine  Never store your wine above a refrigerator or too near a heat vent or oven or in direct sunlight if you can help it.  

With that in mind, here are a few ideas that I found for small wine storage options.

Or build the wine rack directly into the kitchen island.
























Source:  Michelle Schwake for Stafford Family Realtors

No comments: