There are a few things to consider when choosing your accent wall:
- It should be small compared to your other walls - since you will be making a bold statement on this space, you won't want it to overpower your room.
- It should be in a place where you can see the entire wall.
- The wall should be relatively free of other design elements like art and fixtures.
- The wall should drive the rest of the space in terms of color and design. In other words, design the rest of the room around your accent wall, otherwise it will look too out of place.
- Use the accent wall in unexpected or utilitarian spaces that normally get overlooked. Think a wall in the bathroom, the back of the pantry, entryway/mudroom or the stairwell.
There you have it. Now check out some great accent walls that we love!
|Photo credit: Debbie Breemeersch|
Source: Michelle Schwake for Stafford Family Realtors.