Monday, February 16, 2015

Start Dreaming of Green

I'm getting pulled down into it again.  It happens every year about this time.  The pull is strong and threatens to pull me under.  And then I see a picture somewhere showing vibrant green and colorful surroundings.  And I'm reminded that this is temporary.  I just have to make it a couple more months and I will be surrounding by the smell of rain and cut grass and rich, black soil.  

Nothing reminds me quite of spring and summer like seeing pictures of verdant gardens bursting with life.  If you're in the same state as me, then I have some hope for you.  February is a time when gardeners (in the North like us) start perusing seed catalogs and start thinking about all the ways they are going to enhance their outdoor spaces this year.  And many times it includes green of all hues.  Bursting colors.  Birdsong. And the smell of passing thunderstorms and fragrant blooms.  

We long to create an oasis away from our daily grind.  A place to put the frigid biting winds of winter behind us for a few blessed sultry days.  I am here to help you, my friend.  Linger on the beauty set forth below.  Let your mind wander to all that you could do to create your own oasis this year.  And start planning.  You know you'll be working toward a great thing, and each day will bring you closer.  Hope and the assurance of warm weather to come will get us through these bleak cold days.

Source:  HGTV.com


Source:  HGTV.com


Source:  groomingandgaming.wordpress.com


Source:  webspace.webring.com

Sourcr:  vrbo.com

Source:  sleepinthewetspot.blogspot.com

Source:  homeaway.com

Source:  ceneonline.com
Source:  landscapingnetwork.com


Source:  Michelle Schwake for Stafford Family Realtors

No comments: